A WORLD OF COOKIES FOR SANTA was honored with gold medals by 2019 American Bookfest and the 2019 Moonbeam Children's Book Awards!
Find out about my upcoming book releases and bookstore signing events on my Facebook page.
In the book, these are listed as Mexican Wedding Cookies. They go by many other namesin Spain, Greece, Russia
and other countries. Whatever you call them, they're delicious!
1 cup butter, softened (not melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons confectioners sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup confectioners sugar for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth.
3. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended.
4. Mix in the chopped walnuts.
5. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until just set (cookies shouldn't be browned).
7. Roll in confectioners' sugar while still warm. Roll them in sugar a second time when cool. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.