In the book, these are listed as Mexican Wedding Cookies. They go by many other namesin Spain, Greece, Russia
and other countries. Whatever you call them, they're delicious!
1 cup butter, softened (not melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons confectioners sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup confectioners sugar for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth.
3. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended.
4. Mix in the chopped walnuts.
5. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until just set (cookies shouldn't be browned).
7. Roll in confectioners' sugar while still warm. Roll them in sugar a second time when cool. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.