Puto Seko is made with corn starch rather than flour, so it's a light,
melt-in-your-mouth cookie (and it's gluten free!).
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 2/3 cups corn starch
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add cornstarch, cream of tartar and baking powder, stirring until well-blended.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place them 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.